Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tale of two cities

When I first landed up at Bangalore ,I knew something was missing.
As a young man in engineering college I had 4 fun filled years at Warangal,kingdom of Kaktiyas. I was destined to draw my first salary at Hyderabad, capital of AP.
So AP became home away from home. But ah I forgot what was first thing which I missed out here at Bangalore.It was Queen bee of Hyderabad (Katrina Kaif for those not prospered in typical HYD air) sheepishly peeking at you through those huge billboards..lady was missing at Bangalore . I reached here in the morning ,there was slight chill in the air, but autowallahs of Bangalore found my pocket hot enough , they took full advantage of me and first time in last few months I felt lighter ( my wallet was anorexic you see).
Next few hours flew off assessing –reassessing Bangalore and missing my lovely Hyderabad. I don’t know telugu but managed to pick entera,ra,wokti,rendu,nalgu chepandi etc. just to show off my lil’ telugu gyan. Kannada got me stumped. I asked my friend kannada equivalent to telugu radu. Most important uttering in an alien place.
First few days were torrid(no reference to weather though..). never had landed in such a messy traffic earlier. Once I was in horrendous traffic jam which kept me edgy for 3 desperate hours(1/12th of Bogart’s famous desperate hours & a take on 36 ghante )
Now I‘ve to taken a liking for Karnataka and Kannadigas (as they call themselves).
Of course it’s more crowded here; ahem I know traffic hardly let you take a
breather Crime rate is growing exponentially and last but not the least no
gorgeous lady peeking at me from gigantic billboards, but still charm of Bangalore keep growing.
Weather is nice, people are more or less very friendly (I can name wonderful friends I made here….list will be very long then).

So cheers for Bangalore and accolades for Hyderabad. They are what is expected from them. No Bubblore no Hyperabad…(as labeled by rival groups) . it’s a great sojourn (so far ) from HYD to BANG.

No comments: