Friday, June 22, 2007

Back To The Real World


Well I am back from "My City" to the capital. I have a wonderful love-hate relationship with this city called "Bangalore". So coming back has mixed feelings.

Read a book which claims all cities suffer from schizophrenia. Well! Bangalore has to be a pleasant exception. A uniform city in many ways. What I like about city? Hmm... Unlike Delhi we don't have show offs here, those enfant terrible driving cars at tear away speed and blaring loud music to glory being their esteemed trait. Minds are better than Delhi and so are waists, guess that tells us why VLCC is not reaping a rich harvest in this city. Better bookshops and sensible book lovers - who don't dig in pulp fiction alone.

Language is alien but not people; they are not very friendly but pretty nice except when you are forced to catch an auto at unearthly hours. God save you then! India's GDP starts blushing at the shooting rise these meters show and to rub salt to injury, they would demands some extra top up on the "FAIR FARE" So top ups or toppings are pretty favorite here, be it pizza, recharge coupons or very own "making your wallet anorexic" loyalist auto meters.

What else makes Bangalore exciting. What is it that I look forward to? Home is where the heart and mind are, and yeah! Bangalore is where I made wonderful friends over the years, visited few exceptional people in my lives, eked out a living here for two years, cursed the traffic here which is legendary and is just getting better to keep its legendary status intact"

Strange it may sound as I crib so much about the city, so did my wonderful friends but we love to sleep in her tumultuous traffic , so that the affable heart can learn to enjoy, so that the intelligent minds can work wonders.

And its time for nostalgia to take a back seat now, let wistful thinking die down and let reality beckon. Time to perform in Capitol beyond my capabilities.
Pubs can wait,
so can quizzing clubs,
my favorite bookshop can hold on for a while,
and so can those who love me unconditionally.

No comments: