Friday, January 11, 2008

Inexplicable joy of a bath in winter

I am a squeaky clean person in metaphorical and symbolical senses. Well may sound a bit too arrogant to state something like that isn’t it? But I would be candid to admit that I am not some one who minds things being messed up in my vicinity. May even skip a bath or two in bone chilling winter days. Well of course such an evasive action has to be taken if water doesn’t warm up to me , it doesn’t really spread amicable vibes around or may be it does staying as amicable as Ali was to Foreman , Lillee was to Miandad, McEnroe to any of his rivals(plus ill fated umpires ) and recently as Symonds has been to Bhajji. On such occasions I used to observe “Dry Day”, I had fewer options you see.

This December has been pleasantly different. How? Unlike first year at this supposedly esteemed college of management, we have plenty of time to spare in bathroom. First year used to be horrible, a single bathroom and six occupants all vying to complete their daily rituals. Your time was ticking away when you were going through process of eradicating exterior blemishes. And if that was not all your crazy friends acted as paparazzis wanting to get any snap worth getting published in centre spreads. Well yeah India is developing at breakneck 9% rate and we at IIFT too feel duly prospered. From those horrible days of making bathrooms feel like Panchali , it is much more legal and tolerable now with two sharing the same. Hence probability of your getting water defying the abrasive pontisque weather increases three times. so this winter has seen me squeaky clean pretty much physically too, letting it to be poured over me . well my pretty much clean slate was destined to be muddled at home where power keeps playing hide and seek and has good mischievous and erratic supply ever done one single good thing to us?? Ask my mom and she would say with tongue firmly in cheek “Yeah, I never had to defrost my refrigerator Son”. True but then it was about to rob me of my squeaky clean record, frigid power supply may not conspire for me. Ah and here comes hand pump, a throwback on good old times when they used to pump it out of earth’s belly. And I am allowed to continue my much loved much dreaded journey along. Yeah home did not break the enviable record for me, rather made me natural. Yeah one more in army of unabashed advocates of going in nature’s lap. May be my slate would stay clean this winter and Aussies would make their marred at WACA . Amen!!!!!!!!!!
PS: and it seems water sourcing and consumption at home hasn’t only made me spotless, it has also helped my arms well blessed and endowed. Two of them complimented fot that and I thanked for taking nature’s call at home this winter.

1 comment:

lostworld_me said...

Never thought I'd come across a post like this from a guy ever :D Was under the impression they lked to stay dirty :D

But good hai...call of the nature and all :P

Keep bathing! :P