Friday, May 05, 2006

Falling in line fashionably








I was just flipping through an old edition of Outlook which has featured Manish Arora on its cover. Manish who? I thought. I am a man who belongs to old school of thoughts when it comes to follow things as fickle as fashion. Oscar Wilds has said Fashion is so useless that it has to be completely changed every six months , now a days every sixth day. Well blame it on my poor knowledge of prĂȘt designs hogging the limelight. Yeah Manish is a famous designer and he was voted no. 1 designer by esteemed magazine. NIFT graduate Manish is held in high esteem in Indian fashion circles. Manish was followed by Bals and Tahilianies Vallayas and Rathores and a lady named Beri was snubbed for being overrated designer and some one who has scaled new heights all courtesy to her excellent business acumen.
Ooh fashion has become such a huge rage and I asked that blasphemous question Manish Who? I snubbed myself. Manish is well known for his wackiness and catching (read outrageous colors and lines). He designed T shirts with lines such as “Jack n Jill had sex’ and ‘Jab hum jawan honge’. Manish’s clothes have always been termed unwearablre and it was only during this time high powered jury did a kind of volte face.
So guys now time to get laid.(ooh ooh don’t get panicked Get Laid is Manish’s Men’s line)

No comments: