Saturday, August 19, 2006

Pouring myself out on italian delicacies

So finally,i settled in Delhi. I am not a typical in your face person , i take my own time in getting in groove and making friends. but finally i have made my peace with brash city Delhi, everyone told me so, have yet to find it brash though. so time to let few glass clink to relish and maintain new connections. Circa 7 PM, August 14, i am ready to let my guards down(game 4 a drink or two). my all roomies/loomies(i hate this loomy word reminds me of three up there livin in a lunatic assylum,(true lunatics are my roomies though). lunar is quite different from loos though). again veering off the topic. ok so we all(sid,vinit,shashank,vinod, gandhiji and me, ah ayush was also around)settled 4 a downtown pub in an upmarket place(haze at priya).
Place is nowhhere close to purple haze, bunker, LOR, etc (pubs at b'lore where i learnt this reverential art of drinking). Never mind happy hours are on and we are determined to encash on it. orders are made, no peter around, i settle 4 paul(signature in this case). turns out to be a nasty drink(last gulping of signature had culminated in elimination of my favs argentina from the world cup hell with klose's head and pekerman's mind, ensuing hangover let me overcome the grief), but ppl around me r relishing it somehow. i can't stand it anymore i 'll have couple of them more. and there she comes ,a lady from my class. she joins us in drinking orgy with a friend in tow.
ooh i told you signature is not my cup of tea. pub wallahs(it's a bar i must say) are playing some boring blues, i yell out "change the music yaar". what are they playing 2 my ears it sounds like sinatra , god save me i want metal/gruge/psychedellic.
ok i bore the lady a bit with my itsy bitsy trivial knowledge about the song she keeps crooning(ha she doesn't know the history of song, never mind she croons it quite well ,whole insti wud vouch 4 that). she reminds me of SB(nah not sonali bendre 4 chriss sake). SB was one of wonderful singers at my engg. college. oh i am still playing on periphery. ah here comes the third drink. i gallop it and get into withdrawn mode.

Time : 9:00 PM
ok we leave Haze and i find world quite hazy. well that figure 3 drinks was quite an offical one, while rest of em were socializing , chatting , i gave these formalities a slip and guzzled much more. friends decide-- Time to eat. ah what a great idea, i wanna go home i try to cajole em. they remain unimpressed. less go 2 hut have fleeting bites of pizza. oh i am dragged along. I feel satiated, no delicacy for me i announce. have this sid says. a #$##%$%% pizza , eh my god i have reservations for italians(Cannavaro's lifting world cup may have added to that aversion even more).
i abhor italians i scream(perhaps in my head, no one hears me). i start whimpering and ah pour myself out on plat. ook eek eeich my friends howl , i shuttle between loo and table and keep pouring here there and every where. a sardar kido is casualty, he slips over my generous offerings and screeches along (quite a distance).
I have never done that in my life, i start whimpering, baby every one has it 4 the first time friends console. hey gimme a break, dispatch me 2 hostel, i dont wanna be
butt of jokes.
Time 10:15 PM
i am brought to hostel(do i know).a lil bit more of those pre production morning tendencies (i am quite outgoing by now and keep pouring myself out).. It's high time i hit the sack. tomorrow is 15th august.


Moral: never go 4 those sasta items n please never play 2 gallery u damn fool.
i have learnt my lessons, come whatever i won't touch daaru glass on fresher day, i don't wanna make a spectacle of myself. i'll let my hair down(of whatever left on my crown) on dance floor and will act as a perfect gourmet. prasoon do you have straws, you see i don't want to touch glass .. period..........

No comments: