Sunday, January 21, 2007

A fulfilling day interwined with starry night

It’s almost 5 in the morning and I can dream with open eyes. Yeah I am back to life of insomniac. People have different reasons for insomnia. Some are plagued by worries, some fall prey to Venus’s charms, some get crumpled under old age and some simply don’t have refuge to take that appearing snooty nap. No, none of these reasons beguiles me yet I am sleepless in Delhi.

I have run out of energy for a change. I am feeling high today (No it’s not alcohol, haven’t taken it for a while), I am happy because I feel spent after doing something worthwhile. To be candid, I must say I always felt my days at my office would be well spent. Hurly burly life I relished there for a while but lost interest once it got repetitive. Yeah I had a great boss and lovely teammates yet pangs of ennui just kept me grimacing.

And then IIFT beckoned. Yeah, I was in ever churning stable of managers. Future managers if you want to adorn it and make an arrogant manager a bit flamboyant.

Well I deliberated for quite some time before arriving at decision that MBA(IB) won’t hurt though suppressed desires wanted to settle for nothing less than numero uno . Hmm my one of the best friend’s residence, the very same college.

That much required serenity dawns on my room, my roommates are already off to meet their dream queens (in their dreams of course). I can clutch to every single movement made in this campus, every unheard sound is perceivable.

Languid elegance holed up somewhere in me lures me now and as an deferential child I am ready to agree to all her whims and wishes. Time to call it day, one of more fulfilling days.

2 comments:

anar said...

well i guess.. you should give up sleep n if it is sometthing too precious then u should make use of ur days... 5 clock seems to be a good time to churn crisp writng

Ruchir said...

Well crisp reminds me of chocolates. well to churn and to munch dat crispy quality , ppl need intellectual highs.