Friday, December 22, 2006

In Sunsign we trust?

The big question mark aptly describes the flavor of this topic. Well not long ago Times of India to mark 10 years if Delhi Times came up with this idea of describing twelve zodiac signs in great detail. Their traits, their forte, hmm heel for all 12 kind of Achilles n their chemistry/non-chemistry with each of other zodiac signs. A good time pass one must say.
Let me confess I am not a great believer in sun signs, yet I followed those outlandish descriptions and traits associated with every zodiac sign. Well it was kind of fun to map these traits to your known ones and say it can’t get any funnier. But I must compliment TOI for something they knew, they knew the laziest of em very well, yeah Pisces was the last one to adorn those pages, the so called 12th sign of zodiac. Hmm let me recount what they have to say about Pisceans. “12 th sign of zodiac, eternal dreamers, intelligent (hey my ears listen to them for a change), creative (have 2 be, dreamers have to be creative), emotional, sensible, optimist and sympathetic towards others. And something more , I cant agree more to this, laziest of all 12 signs, someone whom you have to motivate to take them out of the deep slumber” .
Oh I won’t put my money on those astrologers and their stupid sun signs, how on earth traits of billion of people can be explained by something as innocuous as sun signs . So Mikhail Gorabchov can’t be a good natural leader, a poor Piscean but a Sagittarian Churchill or Arian Mukesh Ambani can be good leaders in their chosen fields. Give me a break.
Nah it’s not a case of addressing personal grievances , not that I hate to be docile, dreamer and wow with much deafening bustle I announce I have no qualms in accepting any tag of” intelligent person” being attached to my name just coz a fish blesses my birthday. Huh who minds being called intelligent or sensible, whatever be the pretext may be to grab it.Nothing fishy about that. But isn’t it generalizing too much, say with a population of around 6 -7 billion and every sun sign expecting a fair deal ,500-600 million people come under umbrella of each , be it ram,scorpio,fish or lifeless scales.
But tell me could they all be ones with much enviable(look at his public life) or unviable (his much pooh poohed personal life) churchillish traits coz just like the man with bulldoggish feature they chose to born on serene cold November night? Sachin does he ever exhibit any combative taurean spirit?? All scorpions are as talented as John Keats, all Virgos as expressive as Vikram Seth.?? Names are aplenty to prove what I want to prove .yeah sun signs are useless and it is futile for bleary eyed you and me to get up early in the morning , giving a wink at those Bezaan Daruwala pages claiming a day full of pleasures in store for you . But then would we ever avoid giving a cursory glance to those pages cursing em all along. Huh that’s life.

Give me the answers I am searching for.. Aha I am looking forward to being next Kurt Cobain/Aamir Khan/Albert Einstein /Gabriel Garcia Marquez(few gentlemen I appreciate), I share my traits with you gentlemen, we all are born on right side of February/ March (Pisceans we are...not offending Aquarians and Arians though you might have your own idols )

5 comments:

Ruchir said...

bullied n me ??. ah common i just pretend no one bullies me and amned ariens wud be last 2 be one

Unknown said...

why you lying??? and to me????

Ruchir said...

no one bullies me . n an arien can never be the one may be a saggi

Unknown said...

kyun bulwa raha hai mujhse sab andar ki baat?? ?? and now whose the saggggiii in ur life??

Ruchir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.