Sunday, December 31, 2006

When Sergei Met Larry


No it’s not a movie name, however captivating the title may look. It’s a story of two folks who had conviction of attaining the sky and they did it. Saga of unwavering young men who achieved what they wanted against all those heavily stacked odds.

I have fallen in love over and over, again and again with Sergei Brin and Larry Page. Don’t doubt my orientations chap, but who won’t love two fellas who have changed the way internet has been used world wide. We mere mortals invoked God to show his powers to let Internet be a better place to be browsed. Let sanity prevail , we wailed inconsolably and Lo God sent two angels and said “Heal thy programs son, with these two around information is so much fun” Could I ever agree more with God.

They started from scratch, they were no fortunate son, had no silver spoon in mouth. Well all they had mathematical brilliance and yeah that was very much in their chromosomes. They were two cocky young men who believed they could take on the world by its proverbial horns and do what few had dared dreaming. Demotivators were aplenty, but kudos to young men they knew all novel plans look ludicrous and all dooms day prophecy means nothing , they ought to be there a good luck charm for all those brilliant things which may change the attitude of mankind.

So the baby was born and was named “Google” aptly (Googol was the word but legends say misspelling ensured it was popularized as google). Google and his siblings (gmail,blogspot, orkut,youtube,picasa etc) have taken the cyber world by storm. At this very moment I am googling and perhaps the painstaking search is the most relished one for me. Day in day out google is the single most hit site it has to be with curious ones making a bee line to get their queries answered.


For me google has been manna from heaven and so it has been for rest of my ilk. A project in college needs some help? Ah Google is there to rescue. Those much hated codes and some strange exceptions thrown in my face, now what to do? Never worry go to Google’s asylum . and much loved hobbies were fuelled by Google as well. I loved quizzing, reading novels and all that useless things and Google abetted in all these crimes.

And now Google has an extended family so many siblings are there and like big brother they all are much in demand. Blogspot, orkut, gmail, youtube umm all have their devoted fans and like million of them I am one.

The moment we thought Google can’t expand any more , they spring up new surprises, yeah few have faded like google earth and desktop but saga continues, what’s next in store two gentlemen need to be asked, till enjoy googling, orkutting or blogging as I relish another great day with google and its family.

Ps: needed to write this one as I am indebted to google like few others would be. My last three successful interviews all posed questions on Google and I passionately came for Google and well they helped my cause. Ah how I wish one day I may end up at Googleplex , if not who cares will keep googling till I die…..

No comments: