Sunday, December 31, 2006

New year resoutions and me??

They say resolutions are meant to be broken, a fickle minded me never keeps resolutions anyway. Earlier I used to take resolutions and however steadfast I may try to be, it used to crumble by second week of New Year. Now I don’t take any or you may say I take a resolution of not taking any, and somehow manage to keep it unblemished every year.


Well why does one await arrival of New Year to impose some harsh decisions on himself/herself. This is the truth a resolution sounds very solemn and I don’t foresee any resolution being taken with a jolly good face. Well an economist would say leave short term gain aside and think of long term gains ahem then may be yeah may be a New resolution may be salvaging all pain and mourning it takes to sustain one through out the year.

But to take a resolution first of all hair splitter in you should take charge, nah nah don’t want to leave with few on crown. It’s all about dissatisfaction with yourself that would lead to a new year resolution. If I am ok with myself and don’t see any modification in me bringing any good to me, why on earth there should be grave sounding vow. Do I need to change?? Really? Anything that stifles me, any habit which leaves me stymied or suppresses my upward growth. Anything which puts others in unnecessary bother, hmm harder I think more I start falling in love with me. Jokes apart, if ever a resolution is needed to be taken I’ll take but at this stage of my life, I guess zilch is the answer.


So that’s for me 1st January won’t ring any alarming bells for me, but let me think of some names and kind of new year resolutions they may take (ah preachers good at preaching pathetic at practisizing them, well very true )



Few names have to be coded, if they are good at clutching to subtle hints let them know.



Mr Manmohan Singh: a good man at wrong place. Sir either vacate that much sought after seat or let take your conscience take charge of you rather than you know who.

Mr George Bush: We all can live with or without certain Laden but stop your policing act. Let world be a beautiful place, we all are smart enough to look after sir, stop worrying for the world and think more of Yankees, yeah with 2 terms already in pocket you may beg to differ…


Mr Salman Rushdie: Let there be more content in king sized packet of yours. One of few names which have over lived their shelf lives. Stop deriding others and write more rather than to be seen at some P3 functions with much prized wife in arms.

Mr Anu Malik: Let the world know that you can perspire and without any inspiration too you can be laughing all the way to music charts.

Mr SRK: Need one for you?? Even if there is a suggestion from humble quarters , you would scorn at them and would disdainfully keep them aside with wave of hand. How about taking sheen off your boasting of being the best…

Mr SRT: take a vow, you ‘ll ve final hurrah what if you misfired at Jo’berg let Bridgetown be cherished one for us, nothing less than a world cup for you. And 1.2 billion Indians …


Time for few, living in closer quarters or who ever were close by.


AKJ: a good fella, leave cigarettes aside and how about reducing frequency of lame excuses? Enjoy France more.

KS: hmm some people would never listen to me and they are better off that way.


Sunshine boys (roomies/loomies); huh imperfection can’t be perfected be the way you are…who likes perfection , you all are imperfect just like rest of the ilk and are loved the way you are.. Perfection brings yawn to me

Few names I chose to ignore, I wish I could have something to say about them but then I cant impose suggestions on them, some are too tender (with a tag”Fragile/handle with care”) , I wish they are more assertive, live life , start worrying less about others and how would they react to blah blah and you people would be just fine. Start showing displeasure if you are miffed how world would know?? A genuine frown face appeals to me more than a fake laughter…

New year beckons and there is hardly anything new to be offered or accepted.
Life moves in circles and I wish I would keep living life as if it has to be my last day …
I pray to god that near and dear ones keep killing me with the forthrightness they have shown and don’t be like candy sweet ones who like my back more than my chest…Dig your sharp teeth deep into my chest friends, (eh my back is too frail for your kindness in form of canine offerings), I love you that way…..

PS: still if I am forced to take a resolution at a gun point it will be “ I wont’ let people walk all over me and yeah would start caring less for others, some start taking it as your having enough time to dispose , and it reduces you to shambles for certain people.”

No comments: